Thursday, June 27, 2024

Middle-order batter Kale parts ways with Vidarbha

 


 

Joins Pondicherry and hopes to play against Vidarbha in coming season

 

n By Paritosh Pramanik

MIDDLE-ORDER batter Mohit Kale has decided to part ways with Vidarbha and is aiming to play for Pondicherry in the coming BCCI’s domestic season.
The talented right-handed batter, who joined the Income Tax Department in Chennai a year ago has been transferred to Pondicherry.
Despite his job in Chennai, Kale continued to play for Vidarbha till last season.
With a new assignment and new State, Kale decided to part ways with Vidarbha for good.
The 27-year-old got the No Objection Certificate from Vidarbha Cricket Association on Tuesday evening.
Kale will be aiming to get into the Pondicherry cricket team and try his luck in the coming Ranji Trophy season.
“I got my NOC today only. I want to represent Pondicherry in the coming season, hence I had to take the NOC. Till now, even though I was appointed in the Income Tax Department in Chennai, I continued to play for, and in Vidarbha in the local tournaments,” Kale told ‘The Hitavada’.
It was one of the most difficult decisions when Kale decided to switch States. “For the past 4-5 months I have been thinking about this. It was not easy to part ways with the State which gave me everything. But I had no choice,” said Kale, who has won U-19 and U-23 titles for Vidarbha and was captain of the age group sides for around six years.
“It’s not easy to lead a State team for six years. Vidarbha Cricket Association showed faith in me and trusted in my abilities and handed over the teams to me,” Kale stated.
“I think I justified their trust,” he added.
With competition in Vidarbha too stiff, Kale did not get much of an opportunity in the Vidarbha Ranji team. But whenever he got the chance, he tried to prove his selection. Kale made his debut for Vidarbha Ranji team in 2019 and has a century (138 runs) under his belt which he scored against Rajasthan.
“As compared to Vidarbha, the competition in Pondicherry will be far less. Being a Ranji and Irani Trophy winner has its own weightage. I am sure I will prove myself and get selected in the Pondicherry Ranji team,” hoped Kale whose cricketing journey with Vidarbha started with Under-13 teams.
Kale was thankful to VCA for the player and person he is today.
“VCA has been very kind to me in my journey. The association gave everything to me and helped me in every possible way. It is because of the association’s support that I could reach this far in my career. I would like to thank each and every member of VCA for their support,” said Kale.
If all goes well, ‘Pondicherry’s Kale’ would be facing Vidarbha in the coming Ranji and Syed Mushtaq Ali as both the teams are placed in the same group of the domestic tournaments.
“Hope I get a chance to play against my home side,” Kale concluded.

 

No comments: